COVID 19 – WARNING
Persons wishing to travel to Thailand for any of the following reasons: business with a work permit (including their family), family reunification, education, studies, medical emergencies, foreigners with a residence certificate, must be provided with :
- A certificate of entry issued online only by the Royal Thai Embassy in Bern: https://www.thaiembassy.ch/Content/Embassy/163.html
- A visa (the conditions of issue remain unchanged: https://thaiconsulate.ch/visas/visas-non-immigrants/).
A certificate of entry can also be requested from the Royal Thai Embassy in Bern (https://www.thaiembassy.ch/Content/Embassy/163.html) for:
- foreigners with a valid Non-Immigrant visa (O-A and O-X),
- Holders of a 60-day tourist visa or a valid STV (Special Tourist Visa: https://thaiembassy.ch/Content/Embassy/57.html#visa2, issued only by the Royal Thai Embassy in Bern). Switzerland is currently on the Covid-19 high-risk list, so no tourist visa can be issued,
- Holders of a valid Elite visa AND a letter of approval from the Thailand Elite Member Quarantine Programme (TEMQ).
Due to the current health situation, the Consulate assures a limited permanence. Please contact us by email if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
In case of emergency, please contact the Royal Thai Embassy in Bern: 031 970 30 30.
|Types of visas||Purpose of the visit|
|Diplomatic visas or official visas||To enter Thailand on diplomatic or official functions|
|Transit visas||To transit to the country of destination|
|Tourist visas||To travel for tourism (pleasure) purposes only|
|Non immigrant Visas||To study
To visit family
To conduct business
To stay in the Kingdom after retirement
To serve as a volunteer
Appointment : Any request for an appointment to obtain a visa must be made by email to email@example.com. Your request for an appointment must be accompanied by a copy of your plane ticket.
No appointments can be made by telephone.