Since 14 December 2020, persons holding a Swiss passport or having their permanent residence in Switzerland (B or C permit) who wish to make a tourist trip to Thailand for more than 30 days can apply for a tourist visa.
This visa allows to stay 60 days in Thailand.
All adults must be present when applying for a visa. Visa applications by post or email are refused.
Once you have received your visa, you must apply for a certificate of entry online at: https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/
Required documents for the certificate of entry: https://thaiembassy.ch/files_upload/editor_upload/VISA/1608107219_9instructions-coe-tr—15dec.pdf
Required documents for tourist visa :
- Original passport with validity not less than 6 months of the day of your departure from Thailand
- Completed application form
- 2 recent passport-sized photographs taken within the past 6 months (3.5 x 4.5 cm)
- A copy of Accommodation Reservation, please provide :
- In case of staying in a hotel/apartment : a reservation confirmation for at least half of your stay in Thailand with name, address, and contact details of the hotel/apartment
- In case of staying with a non Thai citizen who owns a house/condo/apartment : an invitation letter, a copy of his/her passport, a copy of his/her visa/residence/work permit in Thailand, and a copy of house register (Ta Bien Baan)/buying contrat
- In case of staying with a non Thai citizen who rents a house/condo/apartment : an invitation letter, a copy of his/her passport, a copy of his/her visa/residence/work permit in Thailand, and a copy of the rental/leasing agreement
- In case of staying with a Thai citizen or Thai spouse : an invitation letter witha copy of his/her Thai ID or passport and a copy of house register (Ta Bien Baan)
5. A copy of complete bank statement in Switzerland of the applicant’s account(s) showing transaction for the past 3 months, with minimum balance of CHF 1’000.- at the end of each month.
6. For non-Swiss nationals, a copy of valid residence permit for Switzerland (the residence permit must be valid until your arrival date in Switzerland)
7. For nationals of other countries except USA, UK, Canada, France, Germany, Italy and Japan : please provide further documents as shown below :
- letter of Employment signed by employer or work contract with salary receipt of the past 3 months
- or business registration for self employed
- or confirmation of receiving social fund/benefits for unemployed
- or pension confirmation for retiree
- or enrollment confirmation from school/college/university for student
8. Visa fee of CHF 40.-
9. an envelope with applicant’s address and CHF 6.30 of stamps for the returning passport by post.
Appointment : Any request for an appointment to obtain a visa must be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your request for an appointment must be accompanied by a copy of your plane ticket.
No appointments can be made by telephone.
The Consulate assures you a restricted permanence. Please contact us by email if you have any questions: email@example.com